Friday, June 20, 2008

Why I am so proud of Jonathan....

I have suffered with this same disorder since I was 14 years old. For years I had no idea what was wrong with me and I wasnt able to get a diagnosis until I was 25! Needless to say when I happened to see the Oprah show on this topic I was shocked and actually, moved to tears to find that someone in the group that was my obsession for years had a member who suffered silently through the same thing! It was watching this show that I found a deep respect and connection with Jonathan Knight and I was so proud of him for sharing his story. It still moves me to tears just watching it - but I am just so proud of him for increasing the awareness and tolerance of this disorder in the general public. I do have VIP tickets for several Canadian shows this fall and if I meet Jonathan - I will have to remember to thank him for it...if i can bring myself to even speak. Thank you Jonathan from the bottom of my heart. I wish you all of the strength you need to complete this 2008 tour and I'm so very proud of you for doing it.
*hugs* Heidi



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, it's me...kudos for you to have the strength to talk about your own condition...and after years of not seeing the Oprah videos, I am reminded of why I love Jon and always will...and the mother instinct kicks in where you just want to take care of him...
TTYL,
Shauna

Desi said...

2 things. first of all, girl, i am proud of you too!!! you have overcome so much and it is a daily struggle...hang in there!!

secondly, i had NO idea about this with jon & jordan until within the last month. this is the first time i have seen this interview (just a minute ago) and i am crying. i can't believe how he got through the tour, interviews, everything...i can't imagine the struggle they BOTH had to endure...

i pray the tour will be okay for everyone (both the jon/jordan and also fans)...as i can't imagine what this condition is like on a full scale, although i can say i have had small attacks on a couple of occasions...